Thursday 26 June 2014

In CrossFit we Thrust...

Hi...my name is Carol and I am a terrible home-owner.  I meant to cut my grass, I really did.  And pull the weeds that are taking over my yard and house.  Honest.  Pulled the mower/weed-whacker combo thingie out of the garage, along with the rake, and popped inside for a quick bite before heading back out in the jungle.  Then this woke me up (okay, never, ever, lay your head on the pillow while watching the news, or food channel, or whatever it was I was absorbed in)...


Hail, huge winds and lots of rain.  LOTS of rain...guessing the lawn needs a day or two to dry out.  Sadly, woke up to more rain yesterday morning, but at least this made an appearance afterwards.


I'm hopeful that our dry spell holds out till Friday.  I'll go to CrossFit and then home and immediately cut everything, as I'll already be changed.  That's the plan, thus far.  Let's see if Mama Nature chooses to play along.

Last night was yet another Thruster-a-thon...is it odd that I miss kettlebells, wall balls and box jumps??


 I did manage to hit 60# with my clean & jerks.  And the wrist was not complaining too much about the push-ups, which are still from my knees.  Until I can do a perfect "from the toes", I'm not even to attempt hand-stands.  But I also tried to "hang upside down" in a bear pose, to mimic the HSPU.  And see how much strain the wrist was willing to take.  Pull-ups are still ring rows as well, but I have to say I felt a difference last night, and think that in the next few weeks, I'll try some from the bar with a band.  It'll be good to get back to that.

Then we loaded up our bars (40# for me) and hauled them outside to the track across from the Box.  I decided to try running, although the word "sprint" was not in my vocabulary.  I concentrated on awesome thrusters, and didn't have to have Coach tell me to move my knees out or get lower, which is great.  The running part was nasty.  Downright nasty.  But I did it.  I had a 15 minute time-cap and I finished my last sprint at 14:54.  And some of the ladies that finished earlier ran the last 100m with me, just so I didn't have to do it by myself.  Leave no man behind...

Cleaned up, changed and got ready to head to the Barley Mill to meet up with the running crew...it is Wednesday, after all, and I do love my pint of Guinness on Wednesdays.  This is "cleaned up".  Holy sweatfest!!

Still need to work on my nutrition, and will take a good, hard look at my weight loss goals/timelines this weekend.  I'm going to try the 21-Day challenge (a friend is a coach) and really commit to a plan of crossfit, rowing and the DVDs for the 21 days.  I need to shake things up (or off), as I am tired of the same old seesaw at Weight Watchers.  Up another 2 lbs this week.  So, if I'm so tired of starting over, why do I keep stopping?!?  That is the question of the week, people, and one I hope to have a grasp on by Monday.

Off to see Queen and Adam Lambert tonight...squee!!!  And then a sort-of long weekend of unpacking, organizing and gardening.  Silly Tuesday holidays.  

Hope everyone is having a fabulous week.  Now go lift something!!

No comments:

Post a Comment