Friday 13 June 2014

What have I gotten myself into?

No rowing or squats or sit-ups last night, as the stomach still wasn't 100% happy by the end of the day.  I wish I would just get sick already, instead of this feeling off all day.  Oh, and the bloat...LOVE the bloat.  Had some wor wonton to say I ate, and then laid on the couch, wondering if it was staying put.  More ginger ale, and even more today, which I hope finally kicks this thing through.  I am done.  Have to pick up my usual asthma supplies later at the pharmacy, so I'll see what stomach remedies they recommend.

Picked up my bear spray yesterday.  The enormity of it all has not hit me yet, although looking at the map makes me think "gulp".  And what happened to my Short 5k distance??  Eight km suddenly sound daunting, whereas 5km was like "I can walk that".  Hope there isn't a time limit...this could get ugly.


If I'm understanding the 'structions correctly, we go up and around the outer loop, then one round of the inner loop, back to the outer loop and home.  The Enduro (longer distances) get to do the inner loop twice, guessing because it's so much fun to do even once!  I'll take my phone for photos...fingers crossed that none look like this though...



I do make light of this, but make no mistake: I will be running in THEIR backyard, and will respect them enough to stay far away.  Just hope they share the same respect.  Hoping there will be enough people and noise that the bears (and cougars and coyotes and rabbits, oh my) all say a resounding "hell no" and high-tail for safer ground.

Making my list of things to take up, as I'm staying in Canmore for the weekend.  A friend has a townhouse, where I'll be staying, with another friend who's driving up tomorrow.  She's not a runner, so will come out after I'm done.  Providing I finish.  Teehee.  Hoping the rain ceases tomorrow, so we can BBQ and drink wine and enjoy the mountains for what they are.  Heaven.

Happy Friday everyone...now go lift something heavy!

2 comments: