Monday 9 June 2014

Hi, my name is Carol, and I like to lift stuff.

At least that's what I tell myself when I look in the mirror these days.  Not necessarily fond of what is staring back at me, but 2014 hasn't been the best of years thus far.  BUT that is all going to change and for the better.



How you ask?  Commitment.  Commitment to going to the Box at least 3 times a week, and doing the WODs to the best of my (current) ability.  Tonight should be interesting as it is meant to be a benchmark.  That'll be a good thing, as I can work on improving EVERYTHING!

My biggest moves to work on are:
- squats, especially overhead.  I collapse all over myself and it's just plain hard.
- double-unders.  I just want to do one.  ONE.  Whip the dickens out of myself trying, but I can't seem to make the hands, feet and brain to all work together.
- pull-ups.  I lost all upper body strength with my time off, so have been regulated to ring rows until I gain some back.
- push-ups.  With the arthritis (or whatever the heck "it" is) in my wrist, I haven't been able to put any pressure or weight on it.  I have held onto a dumbbell while doing push-ups, but again, with no upper body strength, they're from the knees and rather loosey-goosey looking.

Really need to focus on what's going in the body as well.  Not at all pleased with the fact that I am within spitting distance of my start weight at Weight Watchers, combined with the fact that it's been a long, long, long time going.  I won't say how long, just "results are not typical".  I have signed up to try the 21-Day Beachbody challenge, if for nothing else than for the kick in the pants I need.

So that's it for today.  I'm going to try and blog daily, to keep myself accountable to the changes I want in my life.  Hope you come along for the ride!

Thanks, and yay for fitness.

Now go lift something!
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment