Wednesday 29 May 2019

Time flies when you're having fun

Or when you are running around like a maniac, trying to keep up with the customer order pick-ups, customer order requests, returns, sales, questions and that ever present, non-stop ringing telephone!!

It was a tad busy again tonight at the Depot. The waves of people never stopped, and I'm pretty certain I got in 10,000 of my total 13,000 steps just running from the service desk to the BOPIS (Buy Online, Pick Up In Store) room all night long.

I started at 4:30, which doesn't give me very much time after working till 3:30 at JOB #1, to actually eat anything for supper. And while I do get a dinner break, I didn't have anything quick to grab on my way in and back out of the house.

Run in to work, punched in my time, put on my apron and steel-toe boots, and then didn't stop running around until 8:30 when my stomach suddenly reminded me that lunch was a very, very long time ago! I didn't want to raid the candy machine, and the choices by the cashiers aren't much better...chips, chocolate bars and jerky. I decided I would survive just fine until I got home, although I didn't count on that last, very late return after we had already closed for the night. I will admit to being a bit hangry by the time I pulled into my garage. It's a good thing I have an awesome protein powder and tasty supplements ready and waiting. Some frozen cherries, water, dried peanut butter, dark chocolate power boost (for my muscles), yummy orange beauty boost (for my hair, skin and nails) and the neutral vegan, non-soy protein powder, and I was enjoying a refreshing shake in no time. Even broke in my new Oster personal blender. Worked like a charm!


I don't want to make this a habit, replacing a meal with a smoothie, as I do prefer chewing rather than drinking my food, but it's nice to know that I have this available for crazy nights like this. I'll aim to get some chicken cooked and prepped over the weekend, so I can have something handier and hardier to grab & go. Cut up celery and carrots, hard-boiled eggs, apples. All things that I can grab from the fridge as I run through the kitchen, to run out the door again.

Needless to say, still haven't read any further in the Big Step. Boy, when I do though!! That'll be something!

Thanks for reading,
Carol W.

No comments:

Post a Comment