Wednesday 6 August 2014

Best Week Ever

I don't know if it's a result of the shot of Enbrel or the Plaquenil (although it can take 6 weeks to kick in) or just the fact that what ails me now has a name, but this is honestly the best I have felt in over a year.  OVER.A.YEAR!!!!  Springing out of bed, increasing the weights at Crossfit, walking practically limp-free.  What a concept!

Or maybe it's just because I wake up to this face every morning!


OMG - I forgot how much energy the young ones have, and she is a spitfire!  But she also purrs like a chainsaw, and snuggles (when she wants to) for kisses.  She absolutely loves her big brothers Simon and Myles, although I'm not entirely sure the feelings are mutual!  Myles seems to tolerate her, at best, while Simon loves to pin her down and give her a good cleaning...tasting...let's go with cleaning!  She makes me giggle, and has helped with the loss of my Giorgio.
 Myles and the "chase the tail game"
Simon, pre-cleaning

As mentioned, I've been back to CrossFit with a vengeance, and have been slowly adding the weights back.  Baby steps...
 Got up to 65# with the max effort thrusters.  Cleaned 70#, but just couldn't push it up (yet!).  Stuck with 55# for the push-press, and stacked 3 45# plates for my "box jumps"...however, I freaked myself out, so dropped to two.  That equalled a jump of roughly 8".  Managed 4 full rounds in the 12 minutes, so I was pretty happy.

Since I don't recall my max effort for either the front or back squats, I've basically been going with 100# and back-tracking from there.  So, did an 85# back squat, and it felt pretty good.  Not sure if I'm quite getting deep enough, need to work on that, but feeling strong again.  As for the time portion, burpees are my kriptonite!  I HATE them...that isn't even strong enough to describe the feelings I have for that move.  But, if I want to be a CrossFitter, I will have to put up with burpees.  They definitely slow me down, so I got through everything but the push-ups before the 12 minutes were up.  Oh well.

Forgot a shot of Saturdays workout, but it was Angie.  I actually don't mind this one, save for the pull-ups portion, but with a 40 minute time cap, I decided to do Half Angie.  Still doing the ring rows, but hope to be back to the pull-up bar/bands soon.  Push-ups off the box are helping with my form, although Coach Bradford did come over (you get very nervous whenever you spy Coach Bradford coming at you from across the Box!) and corrected my form.  Managed to do Half in just over 20 minutes!

Spent the long weekend relaxing, as long weekends are meant to be spent. Reunited with old friends, some of whom I haven't seen in 5+ years.  Saw a few shows (Wicked and Avenue Q - highly recommend both), ate at some great restaurants, drank some nice wine.  And here it is Hump Day already.  Long short work weeks!

Now go lift something heavy!


No comments:

Post a Comment